The fifth Festival of Cycling will take place on the weekend
of 13 and 14 September in Rowntree Park from 10am til 5pm each day
All the usual favourites will be there including:
- The have-a-go sessions on all kinds of pedal powered machinery such as penny farthings, electric bikes, tandems, specially adapted bikes for people with special needs, and other even less conventional machinery.
- The KMX track for pedal-powered racing fun around a narrow twisting circuit.
- And the Viking try-out zone for the under six year olds to show mum and dad their pedalling prowess.
- For the BMXers there is the AirBag for you to try out your tricks and come down to earth safely without a bump!
- North Yorkshire Police's Cycle Response Team will be there providing advice on safety, security and cycling legally - they will also be marking bicycles under Operation Spoke.
Then there is The Clan to give us all a lesson in breathtaking bicycle control on their specially built trick stage. The Clan will also run a series of competitions for visitors to take part in and there will be prizes for the winners.
There should be something for everyone to enjoy and, most importantly, have a go at - if you have never ridden a bicycle before this is the event for you!
There will also be food, drink, ice cream, and everything else that makes this one of York’s favourite weekends!